2393 Črna na Koroškem
One of the first sources about mining in the area of today’s Podpeca is a report of mining judge Johann Georg Warhnuss from 1746 describing the discovery of quality lead ore in a shaft near the church of St Helena. At the time, twenty-eight miners worked in the mentioned shaft. In 1876, the construction of Helena's shaft began. In its vicinity the Triurno rudišče ore deposit was found some years later. With the discovery of this ore deposit the Helena mining district became the richest district of Mežica mines. In 1905, it amounted to 89% of the total production. The shaft was named after the church of St Helena on Pikovo which was built in the 15th century. Because of the rich geological heritage, the shafts in Helena are used for research and education.